Ayurveda has a treasure of herbs for skin care. It can be useful in treating conditions like diabetes. The use of ayurvedic herbs can be effective against many skin conditions. Diabetic skin is prone to several skin problems. Ayurveda for skin care is very effective against hundreds of such skin problems. The purpose of this write-up is to explore the herbs in the treasure of Ayurveda. Here are some selected herbs that work on diabetic skin.
9 Ayurvedic Herbs that can help with Diabetic Skincare: Ayurveda for Skin Care:
Neem is a remedy and one of the best examples of Ayurvedic skin care. This grandmother’s favorite remedy can be used in various forms:
- Neem oil is an extract of neem leaves. It is very effective against hundreds of skin problems. It can be applied directly to the affected skin. However, conduct a patch test to avoid further complications.
- If the skin becomes irritated and red with the application, discontinue the use of oil.
- Neem leaf paste is also applied to the skin. Grind some neem leaves with low oil content and apply them to the skin. Keep it for some time and wash it.
- Amla or Indian Gooseberry
Amla is one of the most common citrus fruits. Known as the Indian Gooseberry, it is either edible or applicable as a face pack. However, here are the instructions to prepare it:
- Mix amla powder, honey, and yogurt in a ratio of 1:1:1 to prepare a face pack. Apply it for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Apart from its face pack, it can be consumed directly or in the form of its marmalade.
Triphala is beneficial due to its three main qualities. It can be taken in its powder form with some supplements. However, it can also be used as a face pack. Here is how:
- Mix coconut oil with triphala powder and prepare a face mask.
- Apply it for 10-15 minutes and wash it off.
Triphala can also be used in the form of its churna. Here is how to use it:
- Mix triphala churna with water in an iron container.
- Use the paste to apply it to your skin.
- Wash it after 20 minutes.
- Aloe vera
The versatile herb of every household, aloe vera, is good for diabetes also. It is usable in the forms given below:
- Aloe vera tea, juice, or smoothie is a perfect way to start your morning with something healthy.
- Aloe vera gel can be applied directly to the skin for its immediate soothing effect. It is one of the examples of best ayurvedic treatment.
- Bilva leaves
Almost every Indian knows the significance of bilva leaves, or bel patra, as a good skincare remedy. Its leaves can be applied in the form of a paste. Its fruit is also good for the skin and body.
- Bay leaf
Bay leaf water (leaves boiled in water) is a natural toner. They are one of the most versatile examples of Ayurveda products.
- Costus igneus (insulin plant)
Insulin plant leaves and their paste are beneficial against the adverse effects of diabetes. This herb, as a form of Ayurveda for skin care, is mostly found in the southern parts of India.
- Bitter gourd
Bitter melon or bitter gourd can help lower blood sugar levels. It can also tone the skin and is an excellent remedy in Ayurveda for skin care.
Besides being an example of the best Ayurveda for skin care, Basil is of high religious significance for many people. It is also known for its skin-friendly qualities.
When it comes to natural and reliable skin care, just select Diabetic Skincare.
Ayurveda for skin care through herbs is a blessing for diabetics, isn’t it? However, there is much more to explore on this topic.